Helping develop future leaders.
Hub Foundation will award at least seven scholarships to highly qualified applicants. Our scholarship recipients receive $20,000.
Hub Foundation accepts scholarship applications from graduate and undergraduate students who study Islam and Muslims in the fields of Islamic Studies, Religious Studies, Comparative Religious Studies, Near or Middle Eastern Studies, Central and South Asian Studies, African Studies, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, Law, Media, or Journalism. We partner with universities and colleges that have a track record of producing outstanding teachers and professionals in their respective fields. We also accept scholarship applications from students affiliated with other universities and colleges.
- April 15, 2018 – Scholarship applications for 2018-19 are available
- July 15, 2018 – Applications are due
- August 24, 2018 – Our scholarship recipients or “Hub Scholars” for 2018-19 will be announced
- Your studies and research focus on or include Islam and Muslim voices or perspectives
- Your major, field, or area of concentration includes one or more of the following: Islamic Studies, Religious Studies, Comparative Religious Studies, Near or Middle Eastern Studies, Central and South Asian Studies, African Studies, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science, Law, Media, or Journalism
- Enrollment at an accredited university or college in North America or Europe by August 2018
- Graduate student or undergraduate (junior or senior) student
- Maintain a 3.5 grade point average
Here is what you'll need
- Online application form
- Curriculum vitae
- University or college transcripts
- A five to ten (5-10) page writing sample
- A one (1) page description of your major, thesis, or dissertation. Please include why you have chosen to study what you are researching
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Students can submit 2019-20 scholarship applications beginning on April 15, 2019.
Hub Scholars are distinguished recipients of our annual Hub Foundation scholarships. All of our Hub Scholars have demonstrated a commitment to academic excellence and community service.
Please join us to support our 2019-20 Hub Foundation scholarship recipients. In 2018-19, we awarded seven $20,000 scholarships to students in Islamic Studies and related fields. We invite you to contribute matching funds so that next year we can provide as many as 14 scholarships. All donations received will go directly to our 2019-20 scholarship recipients.